Although it might be obvious what is covered with your life insurance, car insurance and home insurance plans, these policies also cover some surprising circumstances. Here are a few surprising things covered by insurance:
- Food wasted due to a power outage can be covered in some home insurance policies. Your groceries can be protected up to $500 if the power goes out and none of the food in your fridge or freezer can be salvaged.
- In some cases, auto liability insurance policies can help a defendant offset attorney fees. This could be a huge help to anyone finding themselves in a sticky situation!
- For some people, if a doctor recommends using a hot tub for medical reasons, the cost can be offset by health care insurance. Doctor’s orders!
- However unlikely it may seem, some home insurance policies will cover your home if a meteorite strikes your house!
- High profile celebrities will even get their body parts insured! Stars like Mariah Carey, Rihanna and David Beckham all have had their legs insured for anywhere in between $1 million and $1 billion!
To learn more about what uncommon things may be covered in any insurance policy, connect with one of our awesome agents here!