Memorial Day weekend has arrived! Please drive safely and arrive alive.
Spend a few extra minutes before you leave town to secure your home. Below you will find a few additional tips that may give your home a lived in look while you are away. Your vacation should be an opportunity to relax and enjoy some time off. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.
* ASK A NEIGHBOR TO CHECK ON YOUR HOUSE AND GET YOUR MAIL OR ARRANGE FOR HOUSE SITTER. BE SURE TO LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER WITH SOMEONE OF WHERE YOU CAN BE REACHED ON VACATION.
* HAVE SOMEONE MOW YOUR LAWN.
* STOP NEWSPAPER DELIVERY OR HAVE SOMEONE GET THE PAPER.
* NOTIFY THE POLICE IF YOU PLAN TO BE AWAY FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.
* DO NOT HIDE A HOUSE KEY OUTSIDE — BURGLARS KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.
* CONSIDER INVESTING IN AN ALARM SYSTEM.
Source: Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies